A gas-tight 2.5mL syringe is equipped with a special needle that is coated on the inside with an extraction phase. The phase can be applied in varying degrees of thickness.
The adsorption process is best described as follows: A liquid or headspace sample is drawn up into a 2.5mL syringe, thereby adsorbing analytes onto the stationary phase. A distribution balance is reached between the liquid sample matrix and the active phase. The analytes are concentrated onto the phase by repeatedly moving the plunger up and down, thereby forcing the headspace or fluid through the needle. Fast plunger speeds ensure a quick exchange of sample near the active phase.
After adsorption, the syringe picks up carrier gas from the fiber bakeout station (if necessary, the station is also used to dry the coating and syringe). Then, the autosampler moves the syringe over to the hot GC inlet, and the analytes are desorbed. Additional gas flow from the syringe forces the analytes into the inlet, thereby ensuring sharp peak shapes. This technique can be used with splitless flow for maximum sensitivity.
- Dynamic extraction of liquid and gaseous samples
- Use of various phases and film thickness
- No mechanical or thermal stress
- High-grade steel capillary needle, which adds to its robustness
- Analyze a sample while extracting the next one
- Fully automatic
- No extra thermal desorption system needed
- Total control of all extraction parameters
- More convenient than other extraction methods
- Less time necessary for sample incubation
- Needle coated on the inside walls with a choice of phases and variable thicknesses
- Optimized sample contact with the phase is reached by setting the number of plunger pumpings
Replaceable needles, coated, 56 mm:
||SPDE Syringe 2.5 ml, gastight, for use with replaceable SPDE needles, 56 mm or 74 mm
||Teflon seals for SPDE Syringe Plunger, 5 per pack
|| SPDE Syringe needle, coated with PDMS, 50 µm, 56mm
|| SPDE Syringe needle, coated with PDMS/AC, 50 ?m, 56 mm, coated with PDMS+10% active charcoal
|| SPDE Syringe needle, coated with CT-5, 50 ?m, 56 mm, coated with 5% Diphenyl / 95% Dimethylpolysiloxane, 50 µm.
||SPDE Syringe needle, coated with Polyethylenglycol (Carbowax), 50 µm, 56 mm
|| SPDE Syringe needle, coated with CT-1701, 50 µm, 56 mm, coated with 14% Cyanopropyl / 86% Dimethylpolysiloxane
|| SPDE Syringe needle, coated with CT-225, 50 µm, 56 mm, coated with 25% Cyanopropyl / 25% Phenylpolysiloxane / 50% Methylpolysiloxane.
|| SPDE Syringe needle, coated with custom phase, 50 µm, 56 mm. (Please specify phase coating)